You can access all your products online, via this website. As soon as payment is confirmed, you will be provided with access to MedEntry’s Learning Management System (LMS). This will allow you to access all of your materials.
To login, click on the "Login to LMS" button under the picture on the home page or visit MyMedEntry. Then simply log in using your username and password to gain immediate access. You can access your products from any computer in the world that has access to the internet.
You will be given access to your materials as soon as payment is confirmed. If you are paying by credit/debit card, you can expect to gain access immediately. If you are paying by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or Bank Draft, you will normally gain access within five working days (depending on how quickly payment is received), to allow time for processing.
You can preview the types of questions you will be receiving by downloading the 'Sample Questions' from our free downloads page.
We also have a half length practice exam which you can download for free.
You are also welcome to inspect the whole of our materials at our business premises, with prior appointment, before you purchase.
The majority of our materials are available online. Some hard copy material is distributed during the two day UMAT Course and there is an additional hard copy full length practice exam that you sit in the UMAT Course (you can take it home along with other handouts).
The Learning Management System (LMS) is far superior to printed 'booklets'. There are a number of reasons why MedEntry chooses to provide material via an online based system:
1. Online learning enables MedEntry to provide students with online forums, Eureka! trainers, drills, calendar etc which would not be available if materials were distributed as hard copies. Students find these services very useful - for example, the online forums allow students to engage in discussions and learn actively.
2. There is well over ten thousand pages of material on the LMS. Printing and sending this out to all of our students would be very expensive and would mean we would have to raise the prices of the packages substantially - something we don't want to do. Electronic rather than paper delivery is also planet-friendly and saves millions of trees.
3. Online learning means that your exams are marked instantly by computer, feedback is provided immediately and your score is compared to all other MedEntry students to give you a percentile ranking. This is how the ACER assesses you: they compare you with other students and provide percentiles (the raw score or the number of questions you get right, is irrelevant). The percentile ranking gives you a good idea about how you are performing compared to other students. This is definitely NOT possible with hard copy (paper) format. This is a major advantage of the LMS.
4. There are numerous other benefits of an LMS as opposed to hard copy material. For example, after completing a test, you can view the proportion of students who chose different options for each question, and the proportion of students who chose the option that you did (presented in a bar graph), which will give you an indication of your strengths and weaknesses in various types of questions and the types of questions other students find difficult. You will also be able to see the time taken by other students to complete each section compared to you, amongst many such useful features. Such interactive, real time information is impossible with hard copy material.
Having data on % of students choosing each option is very useful: for example you not only need to know the right ways of reasoning but possible wrong ways of reasoning; if a high proportion of students choose an option which is incorrect, you need to think about what errors in reasoning they would have made to arrive at that option which is what ACER does (trying to read your mind).
5. From 2014, the structure of the UMAT has changed in the sense that each Construct (or Section) is not being timed separately. So, in the new structure currently in place, it is extremely important that you can identify your weakest Construct, so that you can work on it and spend more time on that Construct in the actual test. You cannot identify your weakest Construct from the proportion of questions you answered correctly in each Construct. It is only possible if your answers are compared with other UMAT cohort on the LMS.
6. MedEntry’s Learning Management System allows you to access your products immediately (as soon as payment is received). There is no need to wait for your materials to arrive by post.
7. MedEntry’s system allows you to access your products anytime, anywhere and any place in the world with an internet connection. Further, your UMAT Prep materials cannot be misplaced or lost as hard copy materials can.
8. The dynamic nature of the MedEntry's latest LMS technology tailored to the UMAT means that we are able to provide updates expeditiously and throughout the year. This means that we can make changes in our preparation material to reflect the latest changes in UMAT. This would not be possible if the materials were paper-based. It's no wonder that MedEntry was voted as the program which best simulates UMAT.
9. MedEntry's Online learning uses the most advanced 21st century technology. Most reputable universities are now moving to this medium since there are several advantages. A meta-analysis published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (10 September 2008) found internet-based learning was associated with large positive effect. "Internet based education permits learners to participate at a time and a place convenient to them, facilitates instructional methods that might be difficult in other formats, and has the potential to tailor instructions to individual learners' needs," the authors said.
Virtually all medical school courses at all universities are now ‘Online’, so there is no need to attend the classes every week and only a small minority do!
You will not be able to print the materials and practice exams on the LMS for copyright reasons. There has been significant breaches of copyright law (see item under News), and hence we have been compelled to make our materials unprintable.
If you attend the UMAT Course, you will be provided with some printed materials and will be able to sit a practice exam in printed form.
You can enrol in MedEntry at any time, and in any year of schooling or university. Your enrolment is valid from the date that payment is made until the end of the date of UMAT (please see 'How long do I have access to the LMS for?' for more information).
Note that the earlier you enrol, the earlier you gain access to all your materials and longer you will be able to prepare. Earlier enrolment also gives you greater choice of workshop dates.
However, if you are focussed and willing to work hard, you can improve your performance in the UMAT even if you enrol in MedEntry's UMAT preparation package very close to the UMAT test date.
ACER do however limit registration to sit the UMAT. Students must be in their final year of schooling or older to be able to sit the exam.
If you purchase a UMAT package, you will have unlimited access to the LMS until the day of the UMAT test (usually in late July). At this time, access to the UMAT resources will be suspended. You will continue to have access to the Interview and University Admissions resources until after the admissions process (in January of the year following the UMAT test).
Students can have access to the UMAT part of the MedEntry materials for one "UMAT-YEAR" i.e. from the beginning of August of one year to the end of July the next. Access to the LMS is based on the "UMAT- Year", not the academic year or calendar year or financial year. A UMAT-Year runs from August to July.
Irrespective of the date of purchase, students will have access to the MedEntry materials for a maximum of one "UMAT-YEAR" i.e. from the date of purchase until the UMAT test date in July.
Virtually all medical school lectures at all universities are now ‘Online’, so there is no need to attend the classes every week and only a small minority do!
The MedEntry Team has extensive interview expertise and knowledge of the types of questions likely to arise at each university, which we use to provide you with focussed training.
Our interview guide comes with all of our packages, or can be purchased separately. It is packed with information on interview technique, common themes in health science interviews and how to tackle specific questions that will be asked.
Students attending a MedEntry UMAT Course will have an afternoon of interview preparation to get them started. Remember, interviews cannot be 'crammed' for; you need to start thinking about them and developing skills early.
MedEntry also offers Interview Training Sessions that are tailored to specific Universities and Courses, since each university has a unique interview style and set of questions. The session is a day-long program facilitated by an expert. It covers interview technique, specific questions likely to arise and strategies that can be used to answer them.
ACER charges $35 for just ONE practice exam. We offer ten practice exams, at least 10 000 practice questions, numerous other resources and a two-day UMAT Course. Further, all our questions have fully worked solutions, and all our practice exams provide you with a percentile ranking, so you know where you stand. Overall, MedEntry is much cheaper than ACER, and it provides better quality resources.
South Koreans spend 12% of their disposable income on coaching (equivalent to about $6000 per year in Australia). The expense of educating children for "the test" is one reason why South Korean women give birth to so few of them resulting in lowest fertility rate in the OECD (The Economist, 26/10/13, page 14). The proportion of income spent on coaching for tests in Australia, is very small compared to other countries.
Please note that MedEntry offers several scholarships for students.
Very occasionally, technical problems with the website and LMS may arise. Usually these problems resolve within a couple of hours. If you are unable to log into the LMS, but have previously been able to, please try logging in again after about an hour. If it is still not working, please contact us and we will endeavour to fix the problem as soon as possible. Please see how to disable some of the most commonly used popup blockers.
Please only send an email to MedEntry AFTER you have tried the detailed instructions in the PDF above.
MedEntry's LMS is compatible with mobile devices, including the Iphone, Ipad, Android phone and WP7.
To enable the LMS to work effectively, you may need to disable your pop up blocker. Information on how to do this for the Ipad is accessible here: https://www.ehow.com/how_8112501_turn-popup-blocker-ipad-safari.html
Personalised UMAT tutoring is available as part of the Diamond package only. If you are not enrolled in the Diamond package and wish to access UMAT tutoring, you can do so by upgrading to the Diamond package.
You will receive a total of five one hour sessions of one-on-one, face-to-face UMAT tutoring. Further UMAT Tuition sessions can be arranged at additional cost. UMAT Tutors will also be available for support via phone and email between sessions. The location and exact timing of the UMAT tutoring is negotiable between you and your UMAT tutor.
All UMAT tutors have performed exceptionally well in UMAT, interviews and school.
Personalised UMAT tutoring is available in all major cities and some regional areas.