Famous for a reason
MedEntry's two-day UMAT workshops have become famous over the years.
They have been carefully crafted to cover the key strategies to UMAT success, in a fun, engaging and interactive environment.
All workshops are run by doctors and academics with expertise in UMAT development and analysis.
All that you need
The workshops cover all three constructs of UMAT, as well as provide an approach to interviews.
Students who attend the workshop will also sit a simulated full-length trial exam, and will be provided with feedback (including percentile rankings, an indication of their strengths/weaknesses and predicted UMAT percentiles), which will help plan future preparation.
We strongly recommend that all students attend a workshop.
- Advice from a Medical Student: a current medical student who scored 100th percentile in the UMAT gives students an insight to what it takes to excel at UMAT.
- Introduction to UMAT: covers 'must knows' about UMAT as well as inside information about how it is developed and scored.
- Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving: strategies for approaching each type of question in the Logical Reasoning and Problem Solving construct, including worked examples.
- Understanding People: strategies for approaching each type of question in the Understanding People construct, including worked examples.
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: strategies for approaching each type of question in the Non Verbal Reasoning construct, including worked examples.
- Q & A session: have your questions about UMAT and how to best prepare for it answered.
- UMAT Trial Exam: students sit a full length 3 hour practice exam under simulated UMAT conditions. Students have the option to submit their scores for detailed feedback and percentiles.
- Final tips for UMAT: covers psychological strategies for performing at your best on UMAT test day.
- Pathways / Careers in Health: a discussion of the various pathways into medicine and an overview of what a career in medicine involves.
- Interview strategies and techniques: covers how to best present yourself in the interview, as well as how to formulate powerful answers.
- Mock interview: a live mock interview is conducted, followed by feedback.